We are hiring for a self-motivated and detailed Inventory and Logistics Assistant. This full time position is responsible for assisting with the logistics and inventory management for the company and reports directly to the Production Manager. Reviews all data for accuracy, tracks and resolves inventory errors, and completes all functions in accordance with established policies, procedures and legal requirements. Works as part of production team while also interfacing with management, sales, order entry, accounting and customer service team.
- The position is located in the Ferndale, WA office (this is not a remote work opportunity). The position is Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm PDT (with an unpaid 1 hour lunch break). Overtime during busy periods may be requested.
- Wage is negotiable/depends on experience – Health Insurance benefits start first of the month after 60 days. Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays and 401k with 3% employer contribution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for assisting in the creation of inventory (domestic).
- Resizes and reconfigures product as needed from existing inventory.
- Assists with inventory assemblies.
- Assists with assessing the need for intercompany sales and purchases. Posts all intercompany sales/purchases, including any related overhead, and reconciles intercompany accounts at month-end, in coordination with accounting team.
- Assists with review of incoming boat/air paperwork (first drafts).
- Investigates all inventory discrepancies between invoice and purchase orders within materiality limits, set by Director of Production and Logistics, and post adjustments as needed. Follows up with Director of Production and Logistics on material differences found.
- Creates the shipment receiving documents.
- Oversight and recording of month-end physical inventory count and related adjustments for valuation and quantity. Works with Production, Sales Managers and Accounting to determine timing of month-end sales cutoff and communicates timing to all appropriate staff.
- Reviews all final inventory valuation reports for reasonableness. Investigates/resolves any unusual items. Agrees balance to appropriate QuickBooks general ledger account. Determines appropriate reserve for obsolete inventory.
- Assists Warehouse Manager with inventory spot checks.
- Creates new SKUs, as needed. Considers appropriate cost and sales price.
- Helps to analyze inventory reorder points based upon recent inventory turns.
- Updates and distributes the backorder list.
- Monitors and tracks inventory in "pack and hold". Reconciles balance to the Quickbooks general ledger account at month-end.
- Records and resolves any "bad product" from manufacturer.
- Tracks data for customs refund program for international shipments.
- Reviews gross margin calculations on monthly P&L. Works with Accounting to resolve any unusual items.
- Monitors tradeshow and photo shoot inventory adjustments. Reconciles inventory amounts to appropriate Quickbooks general ledger accounts at month-end.
- Monitors all wire confirmations relating to payments for inventory.
- Enhances, and then maintains, procedures to accurately record donated product and product converted to promotional use. Communicates results to the Accounting department.
- Tracks miscellaneous inventory receipts and sales, and determine if remaining balance at month-end is material.
- Helps to develop a plan for liquidation/donation of Z category inventory well before year-end. Presents plan to Director of Production and Logistics for approval.
- Assists the shipping department, as needed, with all domestic and foreign freight transactions. Creates necessary paperwork needed for international freight transactions.
- Provides support to other staff members as needed and keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Ensures cross-functional collaboration with sales, and purchasing to ensure seamless and timely resolution on account discrepancies.
- Provides suggestions and solutions for solving problems and increasing productivity.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training as required.
- Ability to meet attendance standards such as working as scheduled, arriving on time, following company call-in and attendance policies.
- Ability to convey detailed instructions accurately and effectively in a fast-paced office and warehouse environment with frequent interruptions and loud noises.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs special projects as assigned that may include development of spreadsheets, research, or analysis, including testing and implementing new software.
- Assists with other statistical analysis such as overall inventory turns, projected inventory needs, etc.
- Prepares month-end analysis per the direction of the Director of Production and Logistics, including, ending inventory projection, top 50/bottom 50 inventory analysis, inventory turns by item, gross margin analysis, etc.
- Cross trained on forecast methods used to generate purchase orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- QuickBooks software.
- General inventory and logistics procedures. Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level, including pivot tables, is essential, as well as knowledge of Word and Outlook.
- Focus on solutions that impact Comphy (and SLS, Inc.) as a whole. Create transition plans to smoothly incorporate new procedures into the "Comphy Culture".
- Work as a team member, under general supervision, to solve problems involving differing situations, requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned and unlearned alternatives. Occasional analysis, independent judgment and discretion is required to determine appropriate course of action.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including ability to listen and disseminate information.
- Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion in dealing with highly sensitive company financial information.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor as a representative of Comphy Co.
- Provide accurate, informative and actionable reports in a timely manner.
- Work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, outside customers, and with the general public, including tolerance for interruptions.
- Troubleshoot, collect, compile, and analyze information to develop recommendations.
- Manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Work cooperatively and foster teamwork by helping co-workers with essential functions.
- Perform the essential physical job functions including but not limited to:
- Ability to spend extended periods of time sitting at workstation performing sedentary office work.
- Sufficient finger dexterity to make small movements such as computer keyboard manipulation, or picking up small objects.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 20 lbs from floor to storage shelves and/or around the work location.
- Travel to other office locations and/or outside of the local area as needed to attend seminars, conferences or meetings.
- Work overtime, as required.
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Specialized training, related college coursework, or certificate preferred.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in related field strongly preferred, and may substitute for some work experience.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in inventory control or related production position in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet as well as other sales and customer relationship management systems (CRM).
- Previous experience using QuickBooks software strongly preferred.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competitive priorities simultaneously within a team environment. Must possess strong communication, prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
- Be detail oriented but able to look at “the big picture” and make recommendations for change.
- Must have strong investigative, problem solving and customer responsiveness skills, and have the ability to communicate in a pro-active and professional manner.
- Must have a high level of integrity, self-accountability and be self-motivated.
This position is available to start immediately. All potential new hires are required to submit to a background check, reference check and pre-employment drug screen (this includes screening for marijuana).