We are hiring for a full time front desk Receptionist. This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of receptionist and administrative duties. Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors, records and relays messages to appropriate staff. Provides administrative information to Comphy Co. personnel and performs miscellaneous support functions such as data entry, customer service, sales support, trade show prep, and special projects as assigned. Projects Comphy Co.’s professional and customer centric image by being the “first impression” for the Company.
- The position will work from our Ferndale, WA corporate office, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm PDT (with an unpaid 1 hour lunch break). Some overtime may be required during the busy seasons.
- Wage is negotiable/depends on experience – Health Insurance benefits start first of the month after 60 days. Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays and 401k with 3% employer contribution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective business relations with clients, vendors, and trade professionals.
- Transfers calls, takes messages and relays messages to appropriate staff courteously and promptly.
- Assists with other functions such as data entry, customer service or sales support as needed.
- Assists with trade show preparation and order follow ups as needed.
- Backs ups customer support department by covering email and answering chat, as directed.
- Maintains Comphy Co.’s professional and customer centric reputation.
- Assists and supports department personnel.
- Coordinates activities with related departments and obtains or conveys information as needed.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training as required.
- Ability to meet attendance standards such as working as scheduled, arriving on time, following company call-in and attendance policies.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions accurately and effectively in a fast-paced office and warehouse environment with frequent interruptions and loud noises.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Assists in the organization of company-sponsored events, activities, or functions as needed.
- Performs special projects as assigned that may include extensive research, public contact, creating presentations and report writing.
- Sales or other department administrative support functions, as requested.
- Accounting Department Excel spread sheet support, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow written procedures and processes while also having the ability to think quickly to answer questions and solve problems involving differing situations, requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned and unlearned alternatives. Occasional analysis and independent judgment is required to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including ability to disseminate information and communicate to properly screen inbound calls and visitors.
- Work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization, outside agencies, and with the general public.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor as the “first impression” of Comphy Co., and handle any sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Collect, compile, and analyze information to develop recommendations.
- Manage a number of priorities simultaneously, establish and meet deadlines.
- Work cooperatively and foster teamwork by helping co-workers with essential functions.
- Perform the essential physical job functions including but not limited to:
- Ability to spend extended periods of time sitting at workstation performing sedentary office work.
- Sufficient finger dexterity to make small movements such as computer keyboard manipulation, or picking up small objects.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 20 lbs from floor to storage shelves and/or around the work location.
- Work overtime, as required.
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Specialized training, related college coursework, or certificate preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous experience in a front desk reception and administrative role, supporting multiple departments and locations.
- Previous experience managing multiple telephone lines, email and calendars, assisting with ordering data entry, and general office support.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet as well as QuickBooks and related systems.
- Must have strong customer service and customer responsiveness skills, and have the ability to communicate in a pro-active and professional manner.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competitive priorities simultaneously within a team environment. Must possess strong communication, prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
- Must have a high level of integrity, self-accountability and be self-motivated.
This position is available to start immediately. All potential new hires are required to submit to a background check, reference check and pre-employment drug screen (this includes screening for marijuana).