We are hiring for a full time, experienced and motivated individual for Sales Assistant (Sales Support). This Entry-Level position is responsible providing administrative support and assistance to the Sales department, including lead generation, retail and new account retention activities, tradeshow assistance, coordinating administrative and logistical tasks for the sales team, as well as general office support. Writes up quotes and basic orders, handles mailers, reaches out to new leads and clients, types and prepares presentations, emails, letters, and reports. Receives and screens telephone calls and online chat as needed and relays messages to appropriate sales team member. Performs back-up to other sales positions and main reception, and performs specific projects and programs as assigned.
- The position is Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm PDT (with an unpaid 1 hour lunch break). Some overtime may be required during the busy seasons and when covering during tradeshows.
- Wage is negotiable/depends on experience – Health Insurance benefits start first of the month after 60 days. Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays and 401k with 3% employer contribution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for the effective performance of sales office administrative and support functions.
- Writes up all basic orders, including drop ship.
- Writes up sales quotes and shipping quotes.
- Researches, preps and addresses all mailers, inputting information into Salesforce.
- Assists with Tradeshow preparation, including but not limited to, writing up tradeshow orders, packing, unpacking and setting up tradeshows, building tradeshow binders/books, assisting with tradeshows lists (pre-attendee, dividing final lists, updating contacts), researching new tradeshows, organizing tradeshow area, and assisting with giveaway pillow cases.
- Follows up on website emails, mailers, swatches, basic tradeshow attendees and second samples. Uses email templates for communications or makes telephone calls as needed.
- Researches website leads, enters approved leads into Salesforce, sets up new account in Salesforce with tasks and sends introductory email.
- Builds and runs reports in Salesforce and QuickBooks, including but not limited, to sales dashboards, mailer reports, orders under $50 report and weekly sales numbers/sales goals.
- Calls all new clients to follow up and seek feedback, discusses retail program and sets follow up retail call.
- Answers calls for sales staff as needed, including transferring calls, taking and relaying messages to appropriate staff courteously and promptly.
- Backs up sales reps as needed, including email and chat.
- Assists with proofing, printing and distributing of department literature and emails.
- Processes orders as needed.
- May assist with developing and preparing presentation materials, proposals, promotions, spreadsheets and notes for meetings and announcements.
- Types and prepares a variety of documents including memos, emails, letters and reports.
- Provides administrative support to Director of Sales and Executive Sales Manager such as scheduling meetings, domestic travel, and coordinating department activities.
- Assists with other functions such as data entry or customer service functions as assigned.
- Acts as back up to main reception as needed.
- Maintains Comphy Co.’s professional and customer centric reputation.
- Reaches out to all qualified new clients to introduce retail program.
- Offers retail training to all new clients.
- Maintains retailers with regular communication and interaction, sends updated collateral as needed.
- Reviews current retailers that are not meeting retailing goals or amounts, and offers re-training or other resources as needed.
- Communicates with Director of Sales and Executive Sales Manager about retailers who are not meeting goals and offers suggestions for improvements.
- Assists and supports department personnel.
- Coordinates activities with related departments and obtains or conveys information as needed.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training as required.
- Ability to meet attendance standards such as working as scheduled, arriving on time, following company call-in and attendance policies.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions accurately and effectively in a fast-paced office and warehouse environment with frequent interruptions and loud noises.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and organizing sales meetings (on and off-site), lunch-and-learns, catered lunches and/or conferences and events as directed.
- Performs special projects as assigned that may include extensive research, public contact, creating presentations and report writing.
- Sales or other department administrative support functions, as requested.
- Accounting Department Excel spread sheet support, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Related computer applications and multi-line phone systems.
- MS Office suite, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word. Knowledge of graphics based programs a plus.
- Follow written procedures and processes while also having the ability to think quickly to answer questions and solve problems involving differing situations, requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned and unlearned alternatives. Occasional analysis and independent judgment is required to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including ability to disseminate information and communicate to properly screen inbound calls and visitors.
- Work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization, outside agencies, and with the general public.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor as the “first impression” of Comphy Co., and handle any sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Collect, compile, and analyze information to develop recommendations.
- Manage a number of priorities simultaneously, establish and meet deadlines.
- Work cooperatively and foster teamwork by helping co-workers with essential functions.
- Perform the essential physical job functions including but not limited to:
- Ability to spend extended periods of time sitting at workstation performing sedentary office work.
- Sufficient finger dexterity to make small movements such as computer keyboard manipulation, or picking up small objects.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 20 lbs from floor to storage shelves and/or around the work location.
- Travel to other office locations and/or outside of the local area as needed to attend tradeshows, conferences or meetings.
- Work overtime, as required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Specialized training, related college coursework, or certificate preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous experience in a similar sales support and/or administrative role, supporting multiple departments.
- Previous sales experience a plus.
- Previous experience managing multiple telephone lines, email and calendars, assisting with ordering data entry, and general office support.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or QuickBooks systems preferred.
- Must have strong investigative, problem solving and customer responsiveness skills, and have the ability to communicate in a pro-active and professional manner.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competitive priorities simultaneously within a team environment. Must possess strong communication, prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
- Be detail oriented but able to look at “the big picture”.
- Must have a high level of integrity, self-accountability and be self-motivated.
This position is available to start immediately. All potential new hires are required to submit to a background check, reference check and pre-employment drug screen (this includes screening for marijuana).