We are hiring for an experienced and solutions-oriented Warehouse Manager to be responsible for the daily management and oversight of all warehouse operations. This position will supervise and coordinate the activities of the warehouse personnel involved with shipping, receiving, and inventory control.
We are seeking a candidate who can be a “working manager” to work side-by-side with, and lead and develop a small team of staff but also be able to develop their own role by using their past knowledge and experience of logistics and warehouse operations. The ideal candidate will bring their own skills and experience to help us identify ways in which to streamline processes and bring efficiencies to the operations. We are a small but growing company and looking for someone to grow with us!
- The position is generally Monday through Friday, however some weekends or evenings may be required during the peak and/or holiday seasons.
- Wage is negotiable/depends on experience. Health Insurance benefits start first of the month after start date. Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays and 401k with 3% employer contribution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Responsible for the effective supervision of warehouse operations.
- Oversees warehouse work operations in accordance with shipments, receipts, orders, and storage/inventory requirements; recommends and implements process improvement plans where applicable.
- Ensures that order filling processes and related recordkeeping and documentation are accurate and effective. Tracks and resolves errors, problems, and discrepancies promptly.
- Supervises and assigns warehouse personnel and equipment to meet schedules to handle daily volume efficiently. Follows work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Maintains efficient work flow by coordinating activities with production department.
- Advises and trains personnel on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, detailing, maintaining and shipping stock; and related activities.
- Reviews records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving and excess stock.
- Performs administrative duties as related to warehouse functions.
- Meets budget performance goals.
- Designs, monitors and maintains a safe working environment through compliance of safety programs. Oversees forklift operations and ensures all safety requirements for operating a forklift are being met.
- Involved in and makes recommendations on hiring, promotions, training, terminations and performance standards. Plans, directs, and monitors the performance objectives of assigned personnel. Manages time off requests and attendance.
- Develops staff and self through regular meetings and one-on-one interfacing.
- Cultivates a positive team work environment by mentoring, coaching, recognizing and rewarding staff.
- Ensures warehouse is organized and orderly.
- Fulfills job functions of shipping/receiving, inventory or detailing clerk when necessary.
- Maintains excellent customer relations through exceptional customer service and prompt response to inquiries.
- Responds to questions and obtains or conveys information politely, professionally and promptly.
- Completes reports, records and other documentation in accordance with established deadlines. Notifies manager of any problems in meeting deadlines or in work flow.
- Develops staff and self through regular meetings and one-on-one interfacing.
- Provides support to employees as needed and keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Ensures cross-functional collaboration with other departments to ensure seamless and timely resolution on any issues.
- Operates with a high sense of urgency and personal initiative, while maintaining good coordination and communication with management team and staff.
- Monitors service delivery and ensures excellent internal and external service levels. Monitors vendor operations to ensure satisfactory and timely shipment and delivery of products.
- Keeps management informed of significant problems and of progress towards established goals. Provides suggestions and solutions for solving problems and increasing productivity.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training as required.
- Ability to meet attendance standards such as working as scheduled, arriving on time, following company call-in and attendance policies.
- Ability to convey detailed instructions accurately and effectively in a fast-paced office and warehouse environment with frequent interruptions and loud noises.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs special projects as assigned that may include extensive research, customer or co-worker contact, and follow up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shipping/receiving, inventory control and facility operations and daily functions.
- Basic purchasing and inventory procedures and policies.
- Work independently under limited supervision; solve problems involving differing situations, requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned and unlearned alternatives. Frequent analysis, independent judgment and discretion is required to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including ability to listen and disseminate information and communicate to customers and co-workers.
- Work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, outside customers, and with the general public, including tolerance for constant interruptions.
- Provide team leadership, mentoring, support and direction as well as be responsible for managing quick resolution of warehouse or inventory escalations through completion.
- Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion in dealing with highly sensitive company information.
- Oversee and manage work of support staff.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor as a warehouse professional at Comphy Co.
- Provide accurate, informative and actionable reports in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet as well as QuickBooks and related systems.
- Troubleshoot, collect, compile, and analyze information to develop recommendations.
- Supervise and train all levels of staff, to include following all Human Resource requirements for hiring, evaluating, coaching/counseling, performance management, and termination policies.
- Manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Work cooperatively and foster teamwork by helping co-workers with essential functions.
- Perform the essential physical job functions including but not limited to:
- Ability to spend extended periods of time standing, climbing and sitting. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel and lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Sufficient finger dexterity to make small movements such as computer keyboard manipulation, packing, unpacking, or picking up small objects.
- Mobility to travel throughout warehouse areas and workstations.
- Ability to tolerate a work area containing bright lights and noise.
- Ability to frequently lift and transport up to 50 lbs, and occasionally 75 lbs, from floor to storage shelves and/or around the work location.
- Travel to other office locations and/or outside of the local area as needed to attend seminars, conferences or meetings.
- Must be able to meet company attendance standards to work as scheduled. This position may require the ability to work in excess of 40 hours a week (as needed to meet business need or as requested by management).
Skills and Experience:
- Must have at least five (5) years’ progressively responsible experience in inventory flow, logistics or warehouse management in a manufacturing environment or equivalent supervisory experience. Direct hands-on shipping/receiving or inventory control experience is desired.
- High School Diploma or GED. Specialized training, related college coursework, or certificate preferred.
- Strong analytical and project management skills are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in managing budgets, tracking expenses and providing reports on a monthly basis strongly preferred.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competitive priorities simultaneously within a team environment. Must possess strong communication, prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
- Be detail oriented but able to look at “the big picture” and make recommendations for change.
- Must have strong investigative, problem solving and customer responsiveness skills, and have the ability to communicate in a pro-active and professional manner.
- Lean manufacturing and process focus experience are a plus.
- Manufacturing or import experience preferred.
This position is available to start immediately. All potential new hires are required to submit to a background check, reference check and pre-employment drug screen (this includes screening for marijuana).