Though it’s hard to believe, back to school season is just around the corner. And the first day of college is as notable as the first day of kindergarten. Parents may shed a tear as their kids go off to the real world, but students will be thrilled to have a space of their own (or nearly their own!). Try these ideas to dress up your dorm room:
- If possible, loft your bed to free up the space beneath.
- If you can’t loft your bed, use bed risers to lift it several inches and create space saving storage.
- Use an area rug to soften up the room.
- Decals can add some flair to your walls without causing damage.
- Add layers and fluff to your bed for an extra cozy look.
- Hang strings of lights.
- Place a few lamps around the room to mellow harsh overhead lighting.
- Add some flair with decorative pillows that showcase your personality.
- Pile on the pillows! In the dorms, your bed doubles as a couch, bench, dinner table, and much more! May as well make it full and comfortable with extra pillows and our shams can give them a sophisticated look.
- Add a decorative throw to the back of your chair.
These are just a few ideas to help get you started with dorm room décor. And with our Twin X-long Sheet Sets, you don’t have to leave a Comphy bed behind when moving into the dorms. They also have the added benefit of being scientifically proven to promote sleep so you’re sure to catch up on your zzz’s after staying up too late. Just watch out, because you might not want to get out of bed and head to class!