As with most events in 2020, Thanksgiving is going to look a lot different this year. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing! Your crowd may be smaller, but it might allow for a more relaxing holiday. Perhaps you’ll only be with your immediate family but there are still ways to make it fun, even if you’ve been cooped up together for nine months! Check out our list of 7 family-friendly Thanksgiving activities.
- Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Yes, it’s still happening this year, just a little differently. In an effort to avoid large crowds, Macy’s and New York City have partnered up to create a virtual event. Most importantly, you can still tune in from 9am-12pm in any time zone to watch the huge floats and performances.
- Cook less! You can still cook all the favorites but the silver lining of a smaller crowd is hopefully a little less work.
- Play games! While the turkey roasts, break out a new game or an old family favorite. Scavenger hunts can be especially fun for kids.
- Create a new tradition. Just a few of you this year? Ever wanted to wear pajamas to Thanksgiving dinner? Or dress up in your finest fashions? Whatever makes things interesting and fun is the way to go.
- Get outside. A little walk after all that tryptophan can be a great thing. If it’s chilly where you live, bundle up and come back home to a cozy beverage afterward.
- Virtual dinner anyone? With all the options for video meetings, login to your favorite device and connect with those who might be far away or on their own this year.
- Wrap up the day with a low-key activity. Watch a movie, do a fall craft with the kids, listen to Christmas music while you work on a puzzle together – whatever would make your day just right. And don’t forget to sneak it a little bit of leftovers!
We hope these ideas get you inspired for a fun holiday. And who knows, maybe you’ll even start a new Thanksgiving tradition this year!
We’d like to extend a big thank you to all our loyal Comphy customers this year. We’re thankful for your continued support! Happy Thanksgiving!