With the beauty of spring and summer comes one big disappointment…allergies. If you suffer from allergies, you know the frustration this time of year can bring. With a constant sniffle, watery eyes, & an itchy throat, you might prefer the colder months!
And according to the National Sleep Foundation, allergies can dramatically impact your sleep and no one wants that. They explain that the four main allergy culprits that impact sleep are dust mites, mold, pet dander, & pollen. And though we can’t control the great outdoors, we try to help things along with our hypoallergenic linens. Comphy’s specially crafted extra-fine weave helps protect against dust mite allergens, bed bugs, and other pesky intruders. Our Knit Throws are even mold resistant and designed for indoor-outdoor use.
Aside from sleeping on Comphy linens, here are some things you can do to improve your sleep at night if you suffer from allergies:
- Keep windows closed. This is a tough one if you don’t have air conditioning but if possible, close the windows during the day and especially at night to reduce the intake of seasonal pollens & other irritants.
- With allergies, don’t bring the outdoors in! We love fresh cut flowers and decorative grasses, but if you suffer from pollen allergies it’s best to keep them outside.
- Keep pets out of the bedroom. Though we love our furry friends, pet dander doesn’t belong all over your bed if you have allergies.
- Wash your linens more than usual to reduce exposure to dust & pollen.
- Take a shower right before bed to rinse off dust, pollen & other allergens.
- Know when to replace pillows that may be full of skin cells and dust mites. It may be a gross thought, but pillows collect all the things to which you may be allergic! It’s best to be sure and replace them if you’re struggling with allergies.