When some people ask about our luxury fabric, they hear ‘microfiber’ or ‘polyester’ and certain misconceptions pop into their heads. Today we’ll debunk some of the myths associated with microfiber and explain how it truly is a superior material. This is not your grandmother’s polyester!
MICROFIBER MYTHS DEBUNKED
- Microfiber Runs Hot – False. Our luxury microfiber is expertly woven, allowing air to move freely through the fibers in ways other materials do not, keeping you cool when needed. Combine that with our quilted blankets or duvets in winter months and you’ll be set for all seasons.
- Microfiber Makes You Sweat — False. Microfiber is the fabric of choice for many athletic teams and outdoor wear companies such as Patagonia. Rather than producing sweat, it wicks away moisture from your skin to keep you cool.
- All Microfibers Are Created Equal — False. As with any product, there are large quality discrepancies between microfibers. Our high-performance fabric was created after years of research to perfect the combination of its incredibly soft touch with long-lasting durability.
- Microfiber Doesn’t Last — False. As mentioned above, Comphy’s microfiber is incredibly long-lasting. Some of our customers even say our sheets get better with age. The quality weave makes for a fabric you won’t have to replace for a very long time.
- Microfiber Stains Easily — False. When manufactured well, quality microfiber releases stains. Additionally, Comphy microfiber is treated with soil release which thereby increases its ability to release oil and stains.
- Microfiber is Bad For Allergies – False. With its ultra-fine weave, microfiber protects against common allergens like dust mites and Comphy’s microfiber linens are hypoallergenic. Read more about it on our blog.
- Microfiber Is Not Earth Friendly — False. Though microfiber is a man-made product, its robust nature means it lasts 2-3 times longer than natural fibers and needs replacing much less frequently. In addition, it’s lighter than cotton and takes much less energy for drying. It’s also 100% recyclable! And believe it or not, natural fibers aren’t nearly as eco-friendly as you might think! Commercially grown cotton uses millions of tons of water & 20% of the world’s pesticides to produce, including some of the most toxic chemicals classified by the EPA. And though organic cotton has a low impact on the environment, it makes up only 1% of the world’s cotton supply. Additionally, there hasn’t been enough research on the impact of bamboo & hemp fibers. There’s no known organic certification for bamboo and the production process can be very polluting. So, for goodness sake, choose microfiber!
- Microfiber Wrinkles Easily — False. You can put away the iron with our sheets. Comphy microfiber is wrinkle free and gives your bed a nice crisp look.
We hope this clears the air about microfiber and gives you peace of mind when shopping Comphy.