It’s that time of year when we reflect on the past, but also look toward the future. And as we gladly say farewell to 2020 and ring in 2021, you might be looking for more self-care ideas than in past years. Whether you’re a resolution type or not, we can all agree that extra rest and relaxation can be a great thing and an at-home spa day may be just what you need.
Many spas are offering curbside pickup for your favorite spa products. You can treat yourself to an at-home spa day and still support your local small business by purchasing a few favorite items beforehand. Many spas even sell Comphy sheet sets, so you could kill two birds with one stone and get new bedding too!
Once you have the products you need, here are some ideas for an at-home spa day in the New Year:
What are your favorite spa treatments? Select one or two to perform at home!
- Since this is an at-home spa day, you could always start things off with a long soak in a warm bath with your Comphy SLEEP Candle burning nearby. Make sure you have a Comphy Spa Wrap or Robe to wrap up in afterward.
- A face mask is a favorite at-home spa treatment. If you choose to do a mask, be sure to cleanse the skin first to remove dirt and makeup. Select a mask based on your skin-type. We love masks from Osmosis, Eminence, & Hydropeptide. Be sure to follow the mask with a moisturizer for your skin type as well.
- If you’re doing pedicures or manicures, be sure to have the right tools on hand as well as fun polish colors. If you have time, enjoy a long foot soak in a pedicure bowl or tub to make things feel even more spa-like. Afterward, while your nails are drying, enjoy a relaxing Comphy Eye Pillow. Warm the flax seed filled pillow beforehand and treat with the included lavender essential oil to aid in relaxation.
- For seasoned spa goers, consider a more advanced at-home treatment such as a 5-minute at-home face lift with Nuface’s Facial Toning Devices.
After you’ve completed the treatments you’ve planned, be sure you have a spa ‘relaxation room’ set up for afterward. You may be limited on space at home, so this can be the corner of the room you’ve been using for treatments but wherever you are make sure you have a comfortable chair, a favorite beverage (try our spa water recipes!), light snacks, reading materials, & a cozy throw for that Winter chill. This is a time to put your feet up and just RELAX.
These are just a collection of our favorite at-home spa day ideas but there are many other ways you can bring relaxation home. Check out our Pinterest Board for more ideas!
Don’t feel like doing all this at home? In an effort to support our friends in the spa industry, here are a few pointers on how you can safely visit spas during COVID:
- Ask questions! Many of our spa partners follow our tips on Dressing a Treatment Table During COVID, but if you’re not sure about your spa’s procedures, start by giving them a call. Many are happy to explain their new policies to help you feel at ease for your visit.
- Check your local regulations and choose a spa that is following safety protocols.
- Next, as usual, stay home if you’re feeling ill or have a fever before your appointment.
- When you attend your appointment, speak up if something doesn’t feel right. A good spa wants you to be comfortable!
Cheers to a New Year and a relaxed New You!