Although we naturally believe your bed (and sheets!) is the most important part of any bedroom, the nightstand is a close second place! Unfortunately, it often ends up being a surface that seems to collect clutter. Follow our tips to style your nightstand to end up with a bedroom accent you love!
Below you’ll find our formula for a beautiful nightstand, but first, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Keep it simple! Don’t overdo it or you’ll get a big jumbled mess.
- We love to work in odd numbers so somewhere between 3-5 items is a good number depending on the size of the surface.
- Work in varied heights! If you have a tall lamp, select other items that are lower and vice versa. Be sure to create balance in the visual.
- Make sure you have some empty space…no need to cover the entire surface of your furniture with tchotchkes!
- Start with the Nightstand Itself
You lie your head by this piece of furniture every night, so make sure it’s something you love.
- Choose something that goes with the rest of your room and matches your personal style. Like a clean modern look? Or maybe something funky and rustic? There are classic nightstand pieces as well as eclectic options and you can always look on Pinterest for inspiration.
- Does clutter tend to pile up on the surface of your nightstand? Be sure your furniture has a drawer or cupboard below for storing those pesky extras.
- Next, Select a Large Accent
- If space allows, hang or prop a piece of art or a mirror above the nightstand. There are lots of ideas out there, but trust your gut because you’ll know if you like this look or not.
On the Surface
- Select a lamp or light that will work with your needs.
- Are you a bedtime reader? Make sure you have a bright enough light to read well and that it points the light toward you.
- Need something soothing? Select something that simply gives off a nice glow instead.
- Add a touch of your personality! Whether this is something natural like fresh flowers or a succulent on top of a small stack of books, a simple candle, or a small jewelry tray, make sure you add something that represents you.
- Just because something is functional, this doesn’t mean it has to be boring!
- Keep your phone beside your bed all night? A small appealing charging station can actually look nice if you select the right one.
- A candle can be functional, especially if it’s one that promotes SLEEP! Just be sure to blow it out before you’re drowsy.
- There are some gorgeous alarm clocks out there that can really round out your look.
A bedroom is one of the greatest rooms in the house, so make sure you love it! After your fabulous Comphy bedding, a beautiful nightstand is your next step. Enjoy!