Summer is in full swing and though we love all the outdoor time, it can really wreak havoc on your skin. And now that August is here you’re probably busier than ever, trying to squeeze in the last few things on your summer bucket list! But when we get busy, we often slip up on healthy habits so we’re here to remind you to take good care of your skin this summer! We collaborated with our friends at Coola to create this quick checklist of simple things you can do to keep your skin healthy this summer:
- STAY HYDRATED. Water is your skin’s best friend. Make sure you’re drinking plenty by carrying around a water bottle with you wherever you go. An insulated metal water bottle is often best for keeping your water cold even on the hottest days!
- DON’T FORGET THE SPF. Though we all love to get some color in the summer, we also know that sun is not your skin’s best friend. Make sure you are using a quality sunscreen to protect your skin and a moisturizer with sunscreen so that your face is always protected.
- OPT FOR THE SHADE. The sun is so appealing in Summer months that it’s sometimes difficult to stay away. But when you’re outside it’s important to take breaks in the shade and wear shading hats as well as sunglasses to reduce your exposure. Your skin will thank you!
- SLEEP. We’re big fans of quality sleep around here. The connection between Comphy in the spa and Comphy at home is deeper than linens! The National Sleep Foundation explains that between 7-9 hours of quality sleep keeps all the body systems functioning better, including the Integumentary System (or the skin, hair & nails system!).
- EAT WELL. Just like sleep, healthy eating can impact all body systems and eating plenty of leafy greens, vegetables, & fruits help keep the skin nourished.
- OOPS…TOO MUCH SUN? Even with the best intentions, sometimes we still overdo it in the sun. Try Coola’s After Sun Lotion to give your skin a boost after lots of sun. Also try putting a jade or rose quartz roller in the fridge for a cool touch at the end of a long summer day!
We hope you are enjoying a fun and sun-safe summer!