First Time to the Spa? We Have You Covered!
A trip to the spa is all about relaxation and that’s hard to do if you’re nervous because you’ve never been before! Review our tips before you’re first visit to a spa and you’ll be feeling comfortable in no time.
Before You Go
- Not all spas are equal, so be sure to do a little research when choosing a spa so that you select one that is right for you.
- If you have a preference, be sure to specify a male or female when you’re booking your appointment.
- Keep meals and beverages light before your appointment. You want to be well hydrated without needing to run to the bathroom and interrupting your treatments. You also shouldn’t have a huge meal beforehand so you’re comfortable during a massage or other treatments.
- Take a shower before you go so you’re squeaky clean and comfortable.
- Arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your treatment to allow for changing into a robe and the opportunity to sit and relax. After all, that’s what the spa experience is all about!
During Your Visit
- If you’re having a massage, undress to the point you feel comfortable. Massage therapists are very experienced in draping and keeping the client at ease but if you prefer, leave undergarments on if it allows you to relax.
- Silence your cell phone to help promote a peaceful and serene visit for all patrons.
- It’s okay to speak up during your service and let your therapist know if you need or want something specific. They want you to have a satisfying experience so if there’s a particular area you want worked on, be sure to mention it.
- Tip 15-20% and if you received a discount, be sure to tip on the full amount.
- Peruse the gift shop. Often the products a therapist uses on you during a treatment will be for sale. There’s no pressure to buy, but you may find one-of-a-kind products that are hard to get elsewhere. Plus, it’s where a lot of people discover Comphy Sheets!
A good spa experience is so beneficial for health and wellness. Go book your first appointment and see what you’ve been missing!