Is Winter wreaking havoc on your skin this year? With the cold weather comes dry skin and it can be oh-so-frustrating! We learn so much from our spa and skincare partners so now we’re sharing it with you.
- We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: The foundation of good skin in any season is hydration! Keep drinking water and if it’s too cold, try warm water with lemon. Avoid consuming extra caffeine for the sake of a warm beverage.
- Proper nutrition goes a long way toward keeping your skin healthy. We won’t get into specifics, but Osmosis explains in more detail if you want to learn more!
- Limit your hot showers and baths. An extra soak in hot water may sound cozy this time of year, but dermatologists explain that it can actually dry out your skin. Be sure to apply moisturizer immediately after getting out of the shower to lock in moisture.
- Use a humidifier to help counteract the dry air created by forced air units running strong all winter long.
- Be sure to keep up on your skin cleansing routine in winter, washing away makeup, dirt, & oils each night before bed. Exfoliate once per week to keep removing dead skin cells and reviving your winter skin. Using a toner, serum, & moisturizer can also be essential components to your skincare routine and we recommend referring to your favorite skincare line for their suggestions or you can review ideas from our friends at Eminence.
These tips should help keep your skin in good shape through winter. Keep warm out there!